Bruce tagged me with this one.
The ChildHood Meme: What 5 Things Do You Miss About Your Childhood?
This meme requires you to do the following things:
Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place. Add your blog’s name in the #5 spot. Link to each of the other blogs for the desired cross pollination effect.
When your blog reaches the top of the list, you will receive 3,125 different childhoods to choose from. Note, do not break the chain. Myron Bichelmeyer of Culver City, California broke the chain and had to relive his own pathetic childhood.
Next: select new friends to add to the pollen count. This is the part I hate, but I’ll try to pick all the curmudgeons I know:
Now list the five things you miss about childhood most. Ordinarily, I say that I’m glad to not be a child any more, but upon reflection, there are a few things I look back on fondly. Here they are:
- Summer vacation – No school. I could just hang around and do whatever I wanted. I did a lot of exploring.
- Climbing trees – I climbed almost every tree in every yard of every house I lived in.
- The Hall of Dinosaurs – The American Museum of Natural History in New York had the best dinosaur exhibit, and I went there a lot as a child.
- Sledding on the big hill by my house after an ice storm – Now that I’m grown, I hate cold, snow, and ice, but then it was fun. The sleds got going something like 35 miles per hour on the hill. Being young, this was exciting and not scary.
- Rockets to the moon were real – I grew up watching the Gemini and Apollo missions on TV. I thought that space exploration was just Something We Did. It was only later that I realized that it was all just a big dick contest with the Russians.