- System administrator for the Southern California Seismic Network earthquake
detection and analysis computers.
- Install, configure and maintain Solaris, FreeBSD, and Linux.
- Install and maintain Sparc and Intel-based hardware.
- Run Apache web servers with PHP and MySQL for USGS and
- Monitor web server traffic and computer load after earthquakes for capacity planning.
- Set up and administer electronic mailing list servers to provide rapid notification of
earthquakes to emergency management agencies and the public.
- MySQL administration and programming.
- Administer USGS LAN on Ethernet over copper and fiber.
- Program in C, Perl, PHP, HTML, and unix shell scripts.